2018 Shockoe Slip 200-Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
4-Day Immersion + Weekend Intensive | Lead Trainer: Kate Ainsworth
Shockoe Slip Yoga’s teacher training program provides its trainees with the environment and the tools needed to become a certified hatha yoga instructor. We understand that authentic teaching is grown out of a deep personal practice; as such our training emphasizes empowerment, discovery, and exploration of the Self as the transformational foundation for instruction. This training is led by Kate Ainsworth, SPT, E-RYT 500, YACEP. Kate integrates traditional yoga teachings, modern evidence-based techniques, and a physical therapist’s perspective into the training. Through the study of 25 foundational asana (poses), pranayama (yogic-breathing), meditation, philosophy, anatomy, and practice teaching, students leave the training with a wholesome personal practice and with a readiness to share the teachings of yoga as a certified yoga instructor.
What will you learn? Our training is certified by Yoga Alliance and will emphasize the following content areas:
Techniques, Training, and Practice: 100 Hours
Teaching Methodology: 40 Hours
Philosophy/Ethics/Lifestyle: 30 Hours
Anatomy & Physiology: 25 Hours
Practicum: 5 Hours
Total: 200 Hours
4-Day Immersion: July 11th-15th, 2018
Wednesday: 7:00pm – 8:30pm (Welcome Night)
Thursday: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Friday: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Saturday: 11:30am – 7:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am – 5:00pm
Weekend Intensives: July 27-29, Aug 10-12, Aug 24-26, Sept 7-9, Sept 21-23, Oct 5-7, Oct 19-21, Nov 2-4, Nov 16-18, Nov 30-Dec 2, Dec 14-16
Fridays: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturdays: 11:30am – 7:00pm
Sundays: 11:00am – 5:00pm
- Submit an application with non-refundable deposit
- Interview with lead trainer
- Maintain a regular yoga practice
- Entrance into the program is at the discretion of the training faculty; the program has the right to deny entrance to unqualified applicants.
- Attend ALL training sessions (unless pre-approved to miss a time)
- Complete all weekly homework and reading
- Attend 24 yoga classes
- Observe 3 yoga classes
- Assist 2 yoga classes
- Teach 5 community yoga classes
- Achieve a passing score on the final exam
- Achieve a passing score on the final practicum
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali — Swami Satchidananda
- The Bhagavad Gita — Eknath Easwaran
- The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume 1 — Ray Long
- Yoga Toolbox for Teachers and Students (any edition) — Joseph and Lillian Le Page
- Yoga and Ayurveda — David Frawley
- Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques — Mark Stephens
To apply to our teacher training program, please click here to complete the online application. After your application is reviewed, you will received an email designating the next steps in the application process which include: an interview with the lead trainer, and a non-refundable $250 deposit.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: July 1, 2018
Tuition (after June 1st) = $2,800
*$250 deposit included in the price of tuition
*Books not included
Unlimited yoga classes throughout the training (July 11th – Dec 16th, 2018)
20% off all Shockoe Slip Yoga workshops
We have multiple payment options available! Firstly, to reserve your spot in the training, you’ll need to submit a $250 deposit. The deposit can be paid on its own or as part of the full tuition. The full must be received before the program begins on July 11th. Click here to make a payment or to learn more about payment options.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All training deposits are non-refundable. In the event of extenuating circumstances, tuition refunds may be possible through July 1st.
We’d love to hear from you! Please contact Kate at email@example.com.